"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which blooms from the soul." ~Henry Ward Beecher
everyday this week i'm writing a list of things: moments, words, people, experiences, dreams i'm thankful for. (i have an ongoing list already, just this week i'm being intentional with adding to it...do you have a gratitude journal?)
i know these words have been shared before, but a reminder of thanksgiving can't be all that bad can it? i've found lately within myself a snarky little attitude and it's ridiculous. just today i heard myself complaining and focused on the negative. focused ho hum on something that has a bridge...one i need to cross when i actually get to it, not complain, complain, worry beforehand. see the forest for the trees, you know!? (sorry, i know i'm being sort of vague)
plans might go awry, expectation might not be met, unforeseen misfortunes may sneak in or plow through the door.
life is good and this is my reminder to keep my focus. in the hard times that inevitably happen in life it might be more challenging to pick out the blessings.
i'd like to be a walking blossom vs. a walking rain cloud. so while it's easy i'm going to write down what i'm thankful for and have the treasure trove of a grateful heart to fall back on if and or when it's needed.
awhile back, i started a page of things for which i am grateful.
ReplyDeleteevery now and then, it falls out of my journal, i read it, and then am reminded how valuable it is to list the thanksgivings....
I've been reading 1000 Gifts with a friend...we've both started gratitude journals. Although...I haven't added to it in a while. It's sitting on my nightstand...gathering dust...while I complain, complain and worry. I think I better put it in my purse and change my focus. :)
ReplyDelete